Sunday, July 17, 2016

Saturday

They say that bad things or deaths come in threes. This has not been scientifically proven but it many times happened that way in the past.

Well, it just happened that way in our house. Two television sets and a fairly large paper shredder just all died, mysteriously I might add at the same time.

One TV had a pretty large yellowish strip down the middle of the screen for quite a while, the other TV just begun to be very dark and with today's sophistication "brightness" was not possible to control. The shredder died because of my clumsiness. I was trying to empty it out when I dropped the heavy head and it just broke to pieces.

Today we decided to replace all these items. Final result: bought two new TV sets and a new shredder.

The last was easy to install. Open the box, stand up the machine, plug it in end it works. One, the smaller bedroom TV was just as easy. Place it on top of the cabinet, plug it in and it worked. The second TV is a bastard.

It was placed in its place, plugged in and into other locations and...nothing. The damned thing didn't work. We spent over an hour trying to figure out what was wrong and at the end just gave up. Since this is a "smart TV" we thing it is too smart for the current and fairly old cable box.

Solution is to replace the cable box. Hopefully it will solve our problem and it will not be necessary to call the cable company to send somebody out.

I think this "smart" Tv will be too smart for us, at least for me.

Right now it is 1:30 in the morning and I hope you can appreciate my dedication. After this, shower and sleep! Maybe!

Right now my lovely wife is standing very close to me while I am writing so I'm done.







No comments:

Post a Comment