Monday, July 4, 2016

Sunday

Fireworks are not allowed in New York City. Yet, it seems everybody in the suburban communities have them.

It is now the evening of July 3rd and the place sounds like a revolution is going on. There are non stop popping sound in the air. Even though we have clear visibility I can not see any of these fireworks but the sounds are very distinct.

They remind me of Budapest after the 1956 October events when we slept with our windows open and sporadic gunshots were heard throughout the nights. Didn't bother me then and they don't bother me now.

Tomorrow being July 4 will be probably worst. They don't do any harm except when some innocent idiot gets hurt.

Something else.

Tonight we went out with some friends to a Romanian restaurant. I think this was my second excursion to Romanian eating but this time it was by far the best.

I think we were lucky because one of our friend is Romanian, speaks the language and knew everything there was to know about the food. And, she did't let us down.

We started with a mixed plate as appetizer. Whatever this plate had on was great and tasted good. Short of a few small items we polished off everything. This was followed a Romanian soup with meat dumplings in it. We actually split one soup between my wife and I.

The main course for my wife was very well prepared pork cutlet while I finished off a whole fish that was perfectly ad thoroughly fried. We washed all this down with some good Romanian beer.

The dessert was some kind of cake with sour cream and jam on top.

It was a good evening.

And now, good evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment