Friday, July 1, 2016

Thursday

Like everybody else we are also getting our daily dose of scam telephone calls. Some introduce themselves and ask for me by my first name like were old buddies while some try to pronounce my last name with extremely limited success.

Some speak good English while some have limited language ability.

I came to the conclusion that anybody who calls me by my first name and says Mister so and so is not calling from this country but very likely from India. Indians have the tendency to call a person Mr,. Joe or Mr. Joseph. Americans don't do that.

Anyway, I am so sick of these class that more than once when I had a chance to talk to a live person I told them where to go and what to do. Most of the time they hang up half way through my tirade.

Very funnily one day a number kept calling. I finally picked up the phone and answered in a strong and angry voice. The person on the other side hung up. Next time they called again and I answered sounding like a little old lady. Well would you believe, they stayed on the line and started talking until I sent them on their way.

It is terrible that there is nothing we can do about these scam calls. I reported one or two frequent numbers but nothing really happened.

I will think very hard and next time they call I'll ry to scam them.

No comments:

Post a Comment