Sunday, September 11, 2016

Abigail's School

My daughter, Abigail is fourteen years old and this week was a turning point in her life.

On Thursday the 8th of September she started high school.

Neither her or us can get over it that she is now in high school. Last school year she was in junior high or middle school in New York and that seemed like a kindergarten compared to this new life.

On Tuesday the 6th her and us had to go to a final orientation and to pick up schedules. The school audio rum was filled with ninth graders just starting. Teachers listed the school rules and regulations and I  said I was glad I was not attending.

I don't remember that when I went to school it was that strict. One thing was that throughout my four years of high school in Budapest we occupied the same classroom and were the same kids every year.

Here the kids go from classroom to classroom for every subject and the kids change at each subject.

That is six hours a day meaning six subjects, maybe 30 kids in each class that would be 180 kids. In my time we had about 40 kids all through the four years.

Abigail has to get used to this. I know it is difficult at first but I am sure given time she will get used to the atmosphere.


No comments:

Post a Comment