Friday, September 16, 2016

Facebook

There are people who think that everybody in this world want to see what they are doing every minute of the day.

I know someone who thinks that her dog is the most adorable thing in this world (almost true) and photos of the dog at every possible moment of the day. Don't get me wrong. I like that hairy thing but I am absolutely not interested in his every move all day long.

I know somebody else who travels around the world. Takes thousands of photos (nice ones) and informs the population about their whereabouts an a semi-daily basis.

Again, don't get me wrong, I am not saying that these people are not normal but they are not complete either.

Who the hell cares about a hairy dog's every slurpy move or somebody else's every step on a foreign soil?

I'm sure Facebook has good sides. For instance it lets people stay in touch or long lost friends or loves find one another (nobody found me, yet). And that is what it should be used. But not for many publicity hungry people are using it for.

My wife and I have a Facebook account. I rarely use it since I don't understand it's intricacies and don't even know how to operate it.

But I'm sure if suddenly a long lost girlfriend would show up she would inform me like a good wife should (I can always dream, can't I).

No comments:

Post a Comment