Sunday, September 18, 2016

Saturday

My wife and I love antiques. Not the serious antiques people make living from but today's antiques that in my time were used every day. For example, gadgets my Mother used in her kitchen are today considered antique.

A typewriter that was used 35 years ago is now considered antique. We have one at home in perfect working conditioand in a prominent place so people can see it. We also have a real old European radio that my wife brought out from Hungary. Since it works on 220 Volt I don't know if it works or not. But it looks good.


A few weeks ago when we went Amish country we bought a real old coffee grinder. I remember my Mom had one and I used to grind coffee for her.

This is a beautiful piece and when we saw it we said we just had to have it. And we did. Now it is sharing a shelf with other old kitchen stuff.












Today we were out and about and in our walk we came a cross a garage sale. Garage sales can be very rewarding or nothing but junk. Well, I saw this thing on a table and called my wife's attention to it. I wasn't sure she knew what it was but the smart girls she is it was instantly recognized.


Naturally, we bought it and now if we ever have a power failure we can still make good fluffy eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment