Sunday, January 17, 2021

Sign of Life

Before you read this I must explain the contents. This was written a year ago when things looked quite different. I was more optimistic than I am today. But I didn't want to erase it so I kept it. It should make interesting reading because this might be looked at as a time capsule from the past.
____________________________________

I am back amongst the living! At my age that is no small feat.

First Happy New Year to all! According to all the business forecasters we are looking forward to a banner year.  The market is continuously reaching record highs and that must be good. Yes, it eventually will fall but hopefully not too badly.

Anyway, I am to tired to worry about this right now.

I know I skipped a long period of time but not doing anything is at first habit forming and second it takes up a lot of time. Laziness is contagious and a stubborn malady. It is not something two aspirins can cure. I cought it a while ago and it is very difficult to get rid of it. Maybe one day they have an antilazy vaccine.

Being a sort of useless old man I have plenty of time to do absolutely nothing. That also includes watching a lot of news on the telly.

Lately all the antisemitic attacks in New York are taking center stage. This is very disturbing and extremely upsetting. Unfortunately, most of the videos indicate that the perpetrators are black youngsters.  From ages 12 and up. I believe they are doing it just for fun because they think it is fun to hit a defenseless orthodox man or woman.

My question is: where is brother Al Sharpton? He is the defender of the African Americans. According to him they can do no wrong. Why he does not speak out against this, maybe he condones this kind of disgusting behavior? For every little thing he organizes demonstrations. Is this not important enough for his schedule? The same question applies to our glorious mayor DeBlazio. He occupies himself with everything but fighting this epidemic. Maybe he is afraid to admit that most of these attacks were committed by blacks. He is a lame duck mayor and I guess his interests are now limited.

We are living in a very peculiar world. The American military kill an Iranian terrorist the democrats are quick to criticize the president. The president is the commander and chief and that comes with some responsibility. Congress is not running the office of the president as much as grandma pelosi would like to. But this subject is for another time.
___________________________________________________________________________________

I wrote this a year ago. Life was different then. Since that time we were hit with a political virus called Covid-19. Its worldwide side effects are staggering. This thing effects every human being healthwise, economically and socially. But this at another time.

I just wanted to reintroduce myself and let you know that I am here. 




No comments:

Post a Comment