Sunday, January 24, 2021

Sentimental Me

This will be a little sentimental writing. So if you are weak in the heart don't read it!

Lately, I were thinking about the age of my generation, and that is between 80 and 90. I came to the conclusion that this is a very dangerous time period. This is worst than an icy roadway. The news is full of people who died within these two ages.

I personally feel well. I have no serious complaints, I am like an old Timex watch: I take a licking but I keep on ticking!

However being at my age is beginning to bother me. I realize that the inevitable is lurking around the corner and I am also aware of this old American saying that one can not escape  death and taxes. But it does not men I have to make peace with it.

There are all kinds of ways to avoid taxes but I don't know how to avoid that other stuff.

It bothers me that there are things in life that are no longer available to me. I was always active in certain sports. I loved skiing and I skied for a very long time. Now, skiing is limited to watching it on tv. I used to be a sun worshipper. Now I am paying the price for that. The beach and the ocean is something I can hope for but I don't know if I ever be able to enjoy it.

Long-term planning is not something I can look forward to. I hope I can plan for things for years from now but I should be realistic about it. Abigail should graduate from college four years from now. I hope to be around to see it. If she gets married shortly after that I hope to be around and upright. Grandchildren is another issue. 

Thinking about these things and other stuff make me sad. Old age creeps up very slowly and stealthily. Little by little negative thigs surface in the body. An ache here, and ache there. Doing stuff that not long ago was normal, now is difficult. 

Jumping up and down from joy is now only a sad memory. Lack of balance is now the presence. Because of this pandemic we don't go out very much. I spend most of my time inside doing...nothing, actually. And I find that very comforting. I'm not very upset by not have the chance to go out as frequently as I used to.

If I would get a job and the interviewer should ask me where do I see myself in five years, I would say alive!


No comments:

Post a Comment