Sunday, January 24, 2021

Telemarketing

It is amazing how many unsolicited phone calls a person gets in a the course of a day. Because at the beginning of most of the calls is the voice of a taped introduction, it takes the pleasure off saying something nasty right at the start.

So, I immediately block the call but wonder of wanders a few days later it shows up with a different phone number and breaks through my "iron" defense. It is unbelievable how insistent these people are. And, I guess they always find a pigeon who falls for their tricks.

One of these calls and also through mail is when they are offering extended service on our car. That might be fine but the offer is for a car that we had two cars before the current one.

One time just for the fun of it I followed the steps in order to talk to a human voice. Would you believe he was upset when I told them to get their acts straight because they want to warranty a car I did not have for years. The nerve he had being upset with me!

In the middle of the this pandemic restrictions I was getting travel offers and vacation offers galore. 

The sad truth is that no matter how bad any situation is somebody will try to make money out of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment