Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Robin

I don't know if I ever wrote about our dog. But if I did it is ok, I will write again and this will be an update.

Just to recap, we have a four year old Maltese. He is very cute, very lovable and he is houseclean.

Abigail was clamoring after a dog for years and years and eventually her mom decided that we should make her happy. Remember, it was her mom who decided it! Three years ago we went to a shelter and adopted this one. Why this one? Because he was the cutest one in the bunch.

It took him all of ten minutes to make himself at home and to make our home his home. He is very well behaved except he likes to bark. Anything moves outside our windows or door he barks at it. If we would live where he could be outside he would be continuously chasing after cars and bicycles. There are certain people he doesn't like and barks at then there are people he just doesn't pay attention to.

We took him to a behavioral class at Petco but he flunked it. Shortly after the class started he got into such barking with his classmates that they asked us to leave and gave us back the tuition. So, he is a behavioral class dropout.

Abigail swore on the bible that she would take care of him. Who do you think gets up early in the morning to take him out? Her mom. Abigail takes him out at 11:30-ish and around 3pm and that's all. At 7pm and after 11pm her mom and I go out.

No wonder this dog is so attached to her. She feeds him, occasionally she baths him, and generally always babies him In the evenings if Abigail or I try to go near my wife he starts to bark and goes into attack mode. For some reason I must taste good to him because I have more dog bites on my hands and arms than a professional dog trainer. 

It is a good thing that my last tetanus shot is still valid.


No comments:

Post a Comment