Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Monday

 Today is Monday,  two days before the coronation. There is little else in the news than the preparation and the controversy surrounding this entire circus. I don't think I want to dwell into this thing right now.

I don't remember if in the past I ever mentioned that we have a dog. He is a cute, white, small Maltese. Today was the day he went to the doggie beauty parlor. He got a shampoo, manicure (cutting only) and trimming. I don't want to say he loved it but he tolerated it. At the end it was worth it because now he looks beautiful. This is not an easy exercise. During the entire trimming process he had to stand without moving. And that process takes over an hour. We don't realize how easy we have it because we can seat through our beautification processes.

Ok, he stands on four and that reduces the supportable weight, but still it is not easy. No wonder he is so happy to see us at the end.

While he was being treated we went shopping to a nearby Walmart. It was very disturbing that at 11am the store was half empty. The shelves were empty, no merchandise and no sign of people stocking them. When I inquired I was told people are hoarding again. 

This is pretty disturbing because this is exactly what happened early last year when the pandemic started and people bought up everything in  sight. I hope that situation will not repeat itself. 

Next to Walmart there is a large wine establishment. We went in to buy a few bottles of wine. Walking around I saw a locked glass cabinet. It contained very expensive spirits. What cought my eye was a 26 year old bottle of whiskey. It was not the bottle that was interesting but the price. $2,299 a bottle. This must be some good whiskey!

I wonder how many bottles they sell a week and if there is anybody who buys mofre than a single bottle at a time.

Too bad I am not a fan of whiskey!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment