Friday, January 29, 2021

Friday

My wife decided sometimes last year that I had it too good by using our one and only tabletop computer. She claimed I was bolted down front of it most of the time and thus denying her any possible access to it.

So, to solve this "major inconvenience" she solved this problem by buying me a laptop. Smaller one and not Mac but Microsoft but all mine. This laptop was a combination Christmas/Chanukah and birthday present.

I am very happy with this. The only problem I have is that it took me forever to get used to Mac from Microsoft when we bought our computer a few years ago. Now, I am back getting back to the Microsoft system that I conveniently forgot.

This was the way with me when I worked. I had to learn how to use Lotus 1-2-3 and when I became fairly confident with it I was told forget this one, now we are using Excel. When I got used to Excel my darling wife decided that Mac is the future. For her yes but I am going around in circles. I wouldn't be surprised if I had to go back to Lotus 1-2-3 one day.

But that is life, what goes around comes around. If one lives long enough he will see things that went out of use or he will see styles returning. Just like bellbottom pants! 



No comments:

Post a Comment