Wednesday, February 16, 2022

My face

This past Monday I had another skin surgery. I'm getting bored of this already. There was a little growth on my left cheek that turned out to be cancerous and the doctor decided that it should be cleaned out with the Mohs procedure. No big deal, I am a veteran of this stuff.

This Monday was the day for this event. Same place, same doctor, I am a regular by now. There before 9 am and psychologically prepared. This thing was long. I didn't leave the place until about 12:30 pm. The good thing was that it only took one incision because that took out all the cancer.

The bad thing is that my entire left face is bandaged up and I think once the bandages removed, I will look like a Teutonic knight (not too many Jewish Teutonic knights existed). After the process was done the stiches were removed from my right hand and next week the stitches are supposed to be removed from my face, also.

Busy, busy, busy. I hate my skin. Giving me trouble from my early years. Not all bad, though. In 1961 since I was classified as 1A I received a congratulatory letter from President Kennedy saying that I am drafted. Wasn't too happy about it because Vietnam was already boiling. I said goodbye to my loved ones and reported as ordered to Whitehall Street in New York. 

I do believe that Somebody was looking out for me because the same day I was home already. At that time I had a small but stubborn and not too pretty skin infection, and because of that I was not accepted. I also think that my total color blindness contributed, too. Anyway, I was told to go home, which I unsadly did. Shortly after this event I was reclassified as 4F. Thanks to my skin!  


No comments:

Post a Comment