Sunday, February 6, 2022

Olympics

Friday the XXIV Winter Olympics started in Beijing, China. I was watching the opening ceremony, and it was breathtaking. The entire thing, the participants, the technology were just beyond belief. It was very nice to watch. If stupid Savannah Guthrie of NBC wouldn't have started politicizing it could have been much more pleasant. If she thought that her speech had any impact on the Games, she was wrong.

What she might achieve with such outburst that the Chinese might make life for the American tv people more difficult, and us the viewing public will be shortchanged. She has the typical ugly American stand. I come into your country, and I will change everything to my way, like it or not. That is like coming into my house and immediately starting to criticize my life, my house.

Being in the cushy New York studio and shooting off her mouth she is also jeopardizing the security of the staff currently in China. But an idiot will always be an idiot. I am just surprised that a network like NBC allows her to be like that. She can speak up for the Uyghur, but it will have absolutely no meaning as far as Chinese politics are concerned.

This is the perfect example of politicizing the Olympic Games. Those athletes went there to compete for their national and individual glories, and they really don't care about politics. At the end of their roads, they might make a lot of money or just live their lives with the knowledge that this time they did the best they were able to.

Watching the Opening Ceremony, I realized why there is a microchip shortage in this world. The Chinese needed them for the hi-tech show they put on.

No comments:

Post a Comment