Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Ageing

Being at this age (80+) is nothing less than weird, and unusual. I know that I already elaborated this subject but I'm sorry, and since I am in this situation it is an everyday event.

There are pains and discomforts associated with the daily life. Things that I used to be able to do are becoming more and more difficult. A very peculiar occurrence is that while I am sitting down, I feel perfectly fine, I feel as good as I felt maybe 30 years ago. I am imagining things that I might be able to do at those moments. But as soon as I stand up reality kicks me in the behind. 

To start walking after a long sitting spell I feel like a windup toy. I have trouble starting to move.  As I already said it before, I have no trouble bending down, I have difficulty straightening up. I am like the Tin Man in the Wizard of Oz. Need oiling. 

I know that people of my age all have a common subject, their health. When they meet all they talk about where it hurts and what did the doctor say. To avoid this depressing situation, I do not congregate with old people. With the exception of a few very dear and close friends I do not associate with oldsters. Only younger people. 

It is easy to associate with the younger ones. I am familiar with all their problems, and I also have all the answers. And I know that they don't listen to me and it is not even tiring to be with them because I don't have to talk much. Just smile and make believe that I do care.



No comments:

Post a Comment