Friday, October 21, 2022

End of the road

Thank God I feel fairly good. But there is a dark cloud over me, and I am sure over all my friends of this same age. I am 85 1/2 years old. Aside from a few discomforting things I feel ok. Some of my friends are even in better shape. I guess we just don't want to give in to ageing. But how long will this last?

Lately I read and hear too many people passing away who are between the ages of 80 and 90. This is very scary, to say the least. We are at a very dangerous age. There is only a limited future and that makes planning almost impossible for the lack of a distant future. 

Can't help but think how and where will it happen when the time comes? This is pretty morbid way of thinking, but it is reality. As the saying goes one can not escape death and taxes.

I would love to try it, though, both of it. 

I used to have an older friend whose favorite saying was whenever he came from the doctor that everything was ok, nothing was wrong I am in a perfect condition, I would probably be hit by a truck. Unfortunately, he did become sick and passed away. What is the meaning of this? We really can not tell what is ahead of us. And that is what terrifying. We have to live our life one day at a time and try to enjoy it as much as possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment