Thursday, October 27, 2022

My wife

God bless my wife. I love every ounce of her, but at times she drives me up the wall. We live in a fairly large apartment with more rooms that we actually need. And that is what causes my anxiety. At times she looks around and decides that things should be changed. What she sees is always a mystery because to me things are good as they are.

Before I met her, I lived in a smaller apartment from 1963 until 2025. That is about 62 years. During that time the only move we made was to move chair maybe from here to there. Otherwise, everything was good the way we originally set them up. But not here in this home. It seems to me that we have the setups of the seasons.

As the seasons change so do our furniture layout. We do have a spare room that served as a guest room and an office alternating. We also have a fairly large office desk and a homogenous long sofa. These two items are changing locations when the rearrangements take place. Not easy to move these. The building super usually helps but this week he was not available, and this was the time when my wife decided to change the layout. 

I had to gather up all my muscles and help her out. It was very strenuous thing mainly because I realized that I was not as strong as I used to be. My eyes are strong, my mouth is strong, and my mind is strong. But none of these are helpful when one needs sheer strength. So, I struggled and eventually we succeeded. All furniture found their correct (for now) locations.

I just wonder when the next relocations will happen. When will she decide that maybe things were better the way they used to be.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment