Sunday, October 30, 2022

Holloween

To me Halloween has only one meaning. As I remarked every year, I landed in New York on Halloween in 1957. I arrived at JFK Airport that was named Idlewild in those days. I had no clue what Halloween was, actually I didn't even know what day of the week it was because our trip took so long.

The only thing I noticed that little kids were dressed funny, and I thought American kids are really weird. Now, I know better, they are weird.

My daughter, Abigail on the other hand is obsessed with Halloween. For her this is a major event of the year. She and her boyfriend went to Salem, Mass because she read that a few hundred years ago that was where they burnt witches. The place became a tourist attraction, and this was what they had to see.

Now tell me, are these kids normal or what? They spend their hard erned money to see places where witches were burnt in the 1600s. I wish I had money when I was at their age to spend on idiotic things like this. But I had to work, study and pay rent all at the same time.

The only thing I can say, country America!

No comments:

Post a Comment