Sunday, May 21, 2023

More USPS

Here is something to continue my May 19th outburst about the USPS. For the last couple of days my certified mail is being recorded an "On the way to the destination". The destination is in Florida and it is currently traveling from Sarasota.

Pony express could have reached it faster than the way it is now. Now, if I relied on the USPS recording system I would have believed that it was still on the road. But no, I do not believe them I called the party the mail was sent to and I was told they already received it days ago. Hurrah!

This was a certified mail which means every movement is supposed to be electronically recorded. How can they not record this? Is the mail person so busy that he or she has no time for a five second electronic recording and that way put everybody's mind at ease? Or that person is just so unqualified that possesses no knowledge about how to do it and just doesn't care about the importance of that piece of mail?

This underlines my earlier description of the US postal system. The Postmaster General this week before a congressional committee announced that they are a well organized entity. He probably doesn't rely on the mail, that is why he can make such a statement. Also, on the top they have no idea how things are at the bottom.



No comments:

Post a Comment