Saturday, May 6, 2023

Privacy

It is unbelievable how we do not have any privacy any longer. No matter what we do, where we go it seems everybody knows it, everybody is aware of it. Privacy is in A Past tense. There is no such a thing. Everything we do is now public record.

My wife donated some money to an animal welfare organization and some money to a children's hospital. Now, the mail will not stop. Every animal protection organization and every children hospital is now asking for money. The funny thing is even if you just gave, they are sending demands just weeks after for more money.

We also did some traveling. Now every day someone calls saying that because of our recent travels we can receive this or that discount. Being the nice person that I am I don't curse them out just hang up and block future calls. This blocking doesn't work very well because they just keep coming back with different telephone numbers. Very annoying.

I know that many years ago the Motor Vehicle offices used to sell addresses. I don't know if they are still doing it but as far as I see it nothing is sacred, nothing private any more. The telephone companies are adding area codes because they do not have enough numbers. How come these telemarketers can come up with new numbers every ten minutes?

What annoys me the most is when a person calls and he or she can barely pronounce my name and hopes to sell me something. Do these people honestly believe that somebody will start conversing with them when they can barely speak English?

Good country America!

No comments:

Post a Comment