Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Sad

About a week ago some event happened in my wife's family in Hungary. The event was sad and the first result was that my wife's phone did not stop ringing for several days. I couldn't believe how "popular" she suddenly became. I have to add that she has a fairly large family over there. Aunts and uncles not even mentioning cousins. Plus mother and sister and family.

Everyone was calling her once or more in those days. Primarily for asking for advice and also forwarding information. It was a good thing that she has two cell phones because each one was ringing, practically nonstop.

Now things quited down a bit and I think she is missing all that activity. We were just talking about this that how many people are there for her and in opposite I have really no one as far a family goes with the exception of one cousin/friend. I said I envy her for this.

Her response was that years ago I had a bunch of friends with whom I used to meet regularly. Unfortunately, because of my age, people died out from around me. This made me sad. It seems that longer one lives the lonelier he/she gets. If one is lucky enough to stay healthy and the inner mechanism keeps on ticking, and he outlives his surroundings he will wind up as a very lonely person.

Is this the price we might have to pay for a long life?


No comments:

Post a Comment