Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Busy

Today is one of those few days when I have more to do than I would really like to. Not that I am complaining, but please. I am retired and I like it that way. It doesn't mean that I have to work, even if it is just around the house.

The day started early. 7:30 is early for me. In the morning hours we had some chores to do, going to bank, doctor's visit and then food shopping. Everything needed to be done before 2pm because that was the time our building super said he would come up and install our air conditioners.

Every year, when summer or summery weather is over, we remove the window air conditioners and store them. This will permit us to open the windows for more ventilation. But on the other hand at the beginning of summer they need to be placed in the windows. You see, we don't live in an airconditioned building. We have to fend for ourselves against heat and humidity.

Even though we had no real summery weather yet, we decided to put them in and that is usually the building super's job. He naturally gets compensated for his work. So, now the apartment is cool. All we need now is for the weather to notice it and become real New York summery. And that is hot and uncomfortably humid.




No comments:

Post a Comment