Saturday, June 17, 2023

Excuse

Here is my story why I skipped yesterday. It is a good story. All day yesterday I was very busy making various telephone calls. Nothing earth shattering but kind of important ones. The result was that I never got to sit down and write.

The icing on the cake was that we went to a concert. My wife and I both like country/western music and a named artist, Trace Adkins was having one not far from us. There was a Fox tv series by the name of Monarch and he played a lead role in it. That was where we got to know him and like him. So, he is a singer who is now touring the country with a stop in nearby New Jersey. That was where we went.

Because the starting time was 8pm and on the other side of the river (Hudson) we had to leave early because of the rush hour traffic. Normally the place is not more than a half an hour, it took us almost an hour and a half to get there. Parking was pretty easy in a good safe location.

The show was great. front of a full house inside large arts center. The guy is a great singer and really carried the audience. Even though I didn't recognize any of his songs, I still immensely enjoyed it. Being this country/western, the audience is not kids. They were mainly middle aged and it was still interesting to see how middle aged people can go crazy at good, popular music. They were up, jumping, and dancing or singing along with him (not me, I am more of a distinguished type).

It was over just a little before 10pm and lacking no traffic at all, we were home by 10:30pm. All in all it was a good enjoyable night.


No comments:

Post a Comment