Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Theater

I love a good theater. Unfortunately, there are very few are to be found. Theater is strictly business and for that reason the ticket prices are exorbitantly high and good shows are hard to find. If one wants a good drama only in the opera can that be found.

Musicals are where money is to be made for the investors therefore Broadway theaters show musicals. Some gets lucky and run for years while some close fairly early. I do like good musical but I hate the childish ones. Somebody long ago said that a good musical is the one when you can hum the tunes on the way out. 

Mamma Mia, South Pacific, West Side Story, My Fair Lady, Man of La Mancha, Phantom of the Opera, Cats and some more were good musicals. I saw them and I liked them. Well, I saw more shows but right now I just don't remember all of them.

Because they are running out of good stories they are inventing stories that precede fairy tales. Like Wicked. This show "investigates" why a good witch becomes a bad witch. And the bad witch is the one from Oz. This was the one who wanted to get rid of Dorothy. The musical is about her story.

Abigail wanted to see this show, I am absolutely not interested about it. Bottom line, we bought two tickets for her birthday and good old Abigail and her mom went to see it. I hope they like it. I much rather stayed home with Robin and relaxed than go into Manhattan on a Sunday.

It appears that paper tickets went out of style. We purchased the tickets through Ticketmasters and the only way to use them is through the cellphone. This is crazy. I had all kinds of problems getting through the tickets until Abigail showed me how to do it. Week after next my wife and I are going to a concert, and I am scared that I will not know how to do it.

This civilization is for the birds. Give me back the good old ways.





No comments:

Post a Comment