Thursday, June 15, 2023

Gym

Last week my wife signed up wit a nearby health club hoping that by belonging will kind og force her to do some exercises. Most of her doctors encouraged her to do some form of physical exercise. In her younger days she was a professional athlete so exercising is no stranger to her. But life's peculiar ways denied the opportunity for regular workouts.

I, while I worked and was in a better position used to go to a gym and tried to keep my athletic figure intact. Didn't work much but I still enjoyed it. This particular membership allows her to bring a guest whenever she wants to. Last week Abigail went twice. This week she didn't go so far. I think her enthusiasm abated. So, today was my turn.

I greatly enjoyed it. Didn't do much, we were there for about an hour but what I did was enough for a first timer. We went there about noon today and it was packed. Many kids. They were coming out of school and stopped by for a short visit. Since the weather wasn't that good it explains their enthusiasm. It was raining and outside activities for the kids were limited. I'm sure once the weather improves, becomes more summery there won't be that many there.

The important thing is that I felt a little invigorated after my workout. I know I have to be careful because there are some exercises I can not do. Years ago I had that spinal surgery. My spine at my neck is full of nuts and bolts. The worst thing I could do is force that body area. And that I will not do. But there are still body areas that need improvement.

I know I can never become Mr. Atlas but there is always room for improvement. Right?


No comments:

Post a Comment