Saturday, June 24, 2023

Golf

My impression of golf that it is a r elitist pastime. I realize that there are public golf courses where basically everybody can play but the good courses are in country clubs where there are prohibitive fees. This, the way I see it locks out the aspiring and poorer players. They really have to try hard to accomplish anything.

I probably mentioned it before that I like watching golf. Fortunately, like the Tennis Channel, there is also a Golf Channel. So, there is always some tournaments being shown. I do not understand the logic behind these promotional tournaments. Every company on earth is having an annual golf tournament with large money prizes. No wonder there are so many professional golfers.

What is the advantages of spending these huge amounts on golfers? What is the business advantage of it? Most of these tournaments have a very limited tv viewership and the spectators on the golf courses, I'm sure don't pay enough to make up the prizes.

These companies can not spend their money in better places? I just don't see the point of all these expenditures. But then what do I know about business?

No comments:

Post a Comment