Sunday, June 4, 2023

Laundry

God bless my wife for her cleanliness. I we don't do laundry twice a week, sometimes three times a week she gets upset. Our laundry boxes, hampers are always full. She has some theories, and there is never any argument about those.

In my earlier days we did laundry once every two weeks. Only personal items went to the washing machines. My shirts that I wore to work and bed things always went to the Chinese laundry. I did that for about 25 years. Suits, coats, dresses always went to the cleaners. As far as I knew this was the right way, and it worked.

Her command is, that whatever we wear outside our home and sit anywhere, the minute we get home that stuff is laundry material. That is how we get a lot of clothing to wash. I always say if we would have our own washing machines, it would be going 24/7. And would die after a year because of overuse.

Now I learned the errors of my ways. My wife showed me that everything can go to the washing machine. Actually the cleaners have a wshing machine like contraption in the back of the store and only they know what liquid they put in it. For all I know it could be a same washing machine the laundry uses. Anyway, Any clothing my wife washed they always came out squeaky clean.

Our apartment house has a large laundry room with several washers and dryers. When we take our stuff down she scientifically separates them. The whites, the colors, the different materials. When I used to do our laundry, I just threw everything into a machine, and they all came out ok. Now, we use 4-5 machines for our wash. I swear she has PhD in laundry science.

But just to keep the peace I keep my quiet and go along with her theories. 


No comments:

Post a Comment