Saturday, October 29, 2016

Friday

Just a short note. Last night after long and unnecessarily long conversation with the airline my claim has successfully was resolved. Haven't seen any more returned but they promised and the sucker that I am I believed them. We'll see.

Something else.

There used to be a very nice and large bookstore chain called Barnes & Noble. They had stores everywhere a few close to where we live. Due to the fact that people gave up reading many of their stores were closed.

I can understand that. Can't make more from people who come to the store, pull a book off the shelf, sit down and read it. Then return it to the shelf and leave.

Why do I know this? Because I used to do that too.

There is no such bookstore in my area at all. But my wife wanted to see the first season of a particular TV show that we just begun to like in their second season.

According to their website they had the dvd in a store just outside the City line in Long Island. So, this afternoon we drove out fighting rush hour traffic. Got to the store and were told that they were sorry but stopped selling dvds some time ago.

Cursed, got back in the car and drove home. Then started to search to se where that particular dvd is available. Found a few stores (Target and Best Buy) where it is available so now we have tomorrow's program already set.

Wo says life is dull?


No comments:

Post a Comment