Monday, October 3, 2016

Sunday

Today is Sunday, it is morning and we are getting ready to go to our friends' house and stay over until tomorrow.

My wife is busy getting the Holiday dinner in shape and ready for travel. Me I have nothing to o so just to stay out of the way and trouble I'm writing. This is always a relaxer for me. Not that I would have too much to be upset about but there is nothing wrong for a person to be relaxed.

Situation report.

The weather is Fall like. Cool and overcast. Since  we have about a three hour drive ahead of us I think this is a perfect driving weather.

Driving!

My darling wife is convinced that too much driving is no good for me and on that pretense she starts bugging me to hand over the driving chores soon after we leave the house. She doesn't care that I love driving and used to drive a few hundred miles on one sitting.

In order to avoid any arguments I hand over the chore of driving about half way to our destination. The argument is usually based on my definition of half way. As far as she is concerned ten blocks from home is almost half way.

We are going about 160 miles. Ten blocks do not constitute 80 miles no matter how one looks at it. But I usually win and half way there I gracefully give up my driving.

Anything to keep the peace and make my wife happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment