Thursday, October 27, 2016

Wednesday

Today I had a very important task to do. I pride myself to speak and understand English pretty well. Maybe not as well as I did when I worked years ago but still good enough.

Let's say I understand menus and pretty much everything important. Important is the key word. If I don't understand it it is not important.

Anyway, today I had to translate something from Hungarian to English in an official format. Man, that is hard work.

Those Hungarians use weird words and more than once I had to look in the dictionary to find their equivalent in English. And then use my judgement which word was the better.

After the translation I have to get a notary public to sign a statement that says I translated it and I am good at this.

Actually, the subject was not that interesting. It was my birth certificate.

No comments:

Post a Comment