Sunday, October 30, 2016

Saturday

Abigail keeps saying that when she grows up she wants to be a chef. Her long range plans include a fancy restaurant with a yet undecided theme.

Since there is a long list of foods she hates, at least that is what she says when her mother puts dinner on the table, I would be very curious to se how this chef business will turn out. As far as I am concerned there is nothing wrong with being a chef.

The only problem with this plan as I can see it is that she wants to start immediately at the top. She doesn't believe in working your way up.

But, she does have a talent to cooking. More than once she cooked us dinner. Granted, she makes a mess in the kitchen and also asks Mom too many questions but still she likes what she is doing.

Tonite she made us chili. It is not a complicated dish, I probably couldn't make it but she did. And it was pretty good.

Since she know that I really don't like very spicy food she made an effort not to make the chili hot. Tonight she set the table and served dinner. We all had two or more helpings because the food was so good.

At the end I congratulated her on her effort and told her everything was very good.

The scary thing (for me) is that she left her cookbook on the kitchen counter implying that there will be more cooking forthcoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment