Sunday, April 17, 2016

Saturday

I always maintained that I hate shopping. I don't like shopping for someone else and I just hate shopping for myself.

That all changed today.

Because of my lovely wife and happy life I have to admit that I put on a few pounds. The result is that most of my clothing is more than body hugging. Some stuff I can not get into at all while some of my pants are being altered or in plain english let out.

Some other pants are already let out and the tailor can find no more material to do the job. Most of my shirts are too tight while my suits can only be worn if I don't breathe.

So today we went out and bought a few things. Actually today was not the first day because a couple of weeks ago we went out and bought about four sport shirts of a larger size.

Today we bought a beautiful dark pair of slacks, four sport shirts and four summer jackets. Actually because it was a good deal we also bought a jacket for next fall.

So now I am set, everything look very good and what is the most important thing is they all fit.

And I didn't have a bad time at all.

Something else.

Two days ago I committed a faux pas of major proportions. Two days ago was my wife's birthday.
That day I got up early in the morning, wished her a Happy Birthday with a kiss and took Abigail to school.

On the way back I was very anxious to get home and I totally forgot to buy her flowers. It was a blunder I admit. She was very hurt and no amount of explaining or begging for forgiveness helped. She said I insulted her for life and this is something a person never forgets.

I am in the doghouse for life. I hurt her without meaning to. I love her very much and the last thing I ever want to do is to hurt her. I don't know what to do get back into her good graces but whatever it takes I'll do.

I wish I could turn back the clock and correct my blunder but  know that is not possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment