Friday, April 22, 2016

Thursday.

This morning I called my cousin in Budapest. Haven't spoken to him in a long time and it was due that I call him. I have a much better calling plan than he has so it is an accepted fact that I do the telephoning. I pay a penny a minute and I'm sure his cost a lot more.

He lives alone, never been married and he accepted his life under these circumstances. He has a girlfriend for the last 45+ years but they are not living together and she is up in age and not very well.

Still he is not bitter and I love him. He is the closest blood relative I have in this world. My father's brother's son. Can't get any closer.

Anyway he was complaining that the part of the city he lives in is becoming worse and worse. He says the main drag front of his house is full of Arabs.

Hungary was a central point of the Arab refugee influx and many of them were successful in getting and it appears staying in there. He says the streets are filed with them and that doesn't give a very safe feeling to anybody.

What a difference from last year. I was there last May and there was no sign of such problems at all.

Things like these really make a person think about future travels.. Unused to be a refugee but nobody ever looked at me as someone dangerous and nobody was ever fraud of me.

Maybe because I was a nice Jewish boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment