Friday, December 3, 2021

Anniversary

On 2015, on this day, the 3rd of December I said, "I do". This was a small ceremony, held in the Queens Borough Hall, accompanied with a very small circle of family.

This was my third marriage for both of us. We figured the third time is a charmer. When I think back, I lived most of my adult life in holy matrimony. From 1957 until now, 2021 it is 60 years of married life, including about four years off between spouses.

This marriage better last for the rest of my life because I know that I found my perfect partner whom I unconditionally love. She is my wife, my best friend, my confidant and my nurse. Nurse, because I am a grouchy old man full of problems and complaints. She takes care of me, straightens me out and sends me to hell when I am stupid enough to upset her.

She is very temperamental which leads to several arguments, but most of the time I admit that she is in the right and peace prevails. 

I also have to admit that she is brighter than I am. It hurts, but this is the truth. My wife works, keeps house and runs her business. With all that she keeps Abigail and me in line.

I know that I am very lucky to have found her and to get another chance of life.      

1 comment:

  1. Our 60th, yes, 60th wedding aniversary is on the 22nd of December. No celebrations because of the very recent death of our son. We are going to see a good play on the day, the day previous we will go to a gallery, (mostly impressionists) then on to avery nice restaurant, we know well. (When booked, they knew our email address and even my credit card number. Very reassuring.

    ReplyDelete