Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Visit

Even if I wanted to write on Sunday I couldn't because I wouldn't have the time. Sunday, we went to visit my friend and his wife out of town. He lives only about 140 miles away which is a little more than two hours of driving, still it takes some planning to decide the trip. The older we all get, the harder to decide on such an excursion. And that is a shame.

It was a very pleasant trip and visit. Fortunately, the weather was nice and that made driving pleasant not counting traffic. At the visit we talked about health and then changed the subject and talked about doctors. What else people of our generation talk about? Oh, we also ate. Our friends prepared a very nice and lavish lunch for us. Since I don't leave the house without my other best friend, eating was not a problem.

Who is my other best friend, you ask? My elastic waistband! Wherever I go it goes with me and makes my life easier. This waistband is like good dog. It does not ask for anything, it is honest ant it easily conforms to my demands.

Speaking of a good dog. We took Robin with us because we just couldn't leave him home for such a long time. I was very proud of the little guy. He behaved very well. After the initial sniffing around the house, it was like he lived there forever. The only thing he did not do is go up or down on the stairs. His attitude was "hey, I am an apartment dog, I don't do stairs". 

My friend and I are like twin brothers. We think alike, we talk alike, ok so we don't look alike. But these similarities make our relationship very easy. We are of the same age, and we go back a very long time (almost a lifetime). My wife and Abigail easily blended into this relationship, and now I can add Robin to it, also.

I cherish this friendship and want to keep it going as long as it is possibe! 

No comments:

Post a Comment