Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Traffic

Today is Tuesday, November 7. I had to get up early in the morning because I had a dermatologist appointment at 9:30 in the morning. What made this even worse that this appointment was in Lower Manhattan. Even though there is a subway stop just next to the doctor's office, my wife decided that we would drive in.

Driving into Manhattan any time of the day is a terrible experience, but during morning rush it is even worse. We left the house just before 7:45 and got to the office a little before 9:30. Even though the traffic lights favor City bound movement, because of the mass of cars and trucks it is still crawling. I in great favor of subway travel, since throughout my working years that was what I mostly used, but my wife just hates it.

I don't blame her. Lately the news is full of bad things that happen at stations or on trains, so not taking any chances is understandable. We usually park in a nearby garage, for about 45-50 dollars (with discount) but this time we decided that since it was to be a short visit, she would wait for me in the car nearby on the street. This worked out fine, I finished pretty quickly and by noon we were home already. 

The doctor visit was routine, no problem. I have one cancerous thing on my right hand that is needed to be surgically removed (Mohse). This is not a big thing, I had that procedure before. 

I never look forward to going to Manhattan. Spent most of my life there and that was enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment