Thursday, December 16, 2021

Relaxation

A quiet day in our house is anything but quiet. Like today. Today Abigail had to be in Manhattan, in class by 8 am. It was final exam in mathematics, and for some reason class started at 8 AM. Stupid!

For her to get into Manhattan by that time, and by subway it was necessary to get up at 6 and leave the house around 6:30. Since it was still dark, my wife decided to go with her, rather than letting her go alone. Taking the car into the City at that hour and then come back to our apartment because of the traffic was not an option. So, between 6:30 and 7 am they left. I was still asleep. That ungodly hour is not my time to get up.

I got up around 8. Had breakfast, cleaned myself up and got ready for the day. 9 am my darling wife walks in. She was lucky, the train came fast and got her home swiftly. A little time for relaxation then off to do errands in the area. By noon, Abigail is home and she announced that shew wanted to go to Macy's to do some shopping. Unfortunately, I was told that my presence was necessary. So, we go to Macy's to a nearby shopping center where we easily spent three hours. In these places there is absolutely no chance to sit down, and by the end of the three hours I was really tired. 

On the way home we stopped at a few neighborhood stores, picked up some Chinese food for late lunch and then really got home. At home I was told I had to clean the apartment while my wife started to prepare and cook dinner. I don't know about the dinner, but the apartment is spic and span. This is the forst time I finally had the chance to sit down and relax.

I am still waiting for the opportunity when I will be able to take an afternoon nap.  


No comments:

Post a Comment