Sunday, December 12, 2021

Stuff

There are a few things in life that I figured out the answers to. This will not make me a wise old man it will just make people believe that I am extremely bright.

Why is it that old(er) people vividly remember or recall things that happened a long time ago but can not remember what happened yesterday. The answer is very simple.

There is nobody around who was there at the time of the event, meaning there is nobody questioning the accuracy the story. The result is that people will admire the oldster for having a good memory. The only problem is that the same story may surface with different outcomes.

I mentioned it before that curling is an extremely boring winter sport. I figured out by myself why is it called curling. I was unlucky enough to see a curling game on TV this afternoon. The result was that I curled up and went to sleep during it. That's why it is called curling.

For over a week now weather forecasters were talking about snow. Idiots! Right now, the temperature is around 60 degrees Fahrenheit and for the entire week they are promising warm weather. White Christmas in this area is only a myth. It only appears in the movies and mainly in the Hallmark movies.

Years ago, they were selling special snow tires for the winter. I always exchanged my regular tires for snow tires. They were supposed to give better traction in the snow than the ones we used in the rest of the year. There was also a possibility to install studs into these snow tires to eliminate the danger of slipping in ice. I also had these. Whatever they offered, I had.

Now none of these are available, not even snow. I wonder if the lack of snow is related to the chip shortage!





No comments:

Post a Comment