Saturday, December 18, 2021

Robi the Robot

Some months ago, my wife visited her sister in Hungary. Upon her return she told me that she was surprised to see that her sister had one of these robot vacuum cleaners. She said if her sister had one, we must also have one. 

So, some weeks later she told me that I would be very pleased because she bought one on Amazon. And this would mean I will only have to vacuum maybe twice a week, other time we would use the robot, Sounded great.

But here is the reality. That machine is destined to the junk heap! So far, we used it maybe about three times, and each time it had some problems. It has a mind of its own. Does not go where we want it to go, gets stuck in tight spaces, and after a few minutes it takes a "sabbatical". We can't figure out how long that thing can run and what to do to make it run to our liking.

The book is pretty complicated, and it is primarily occupied with programming that damn thing. Forget about programming it. How about just straight running it? On TV commercials it cleans up the place. In reality this thing is going back and forth and not following the desired pattern.

Since I am the "chief" vacuum cleaner operator in this house I have not seen any benefit of this contraption at all. My lovely wife is a clean freak and that means we do once a year spring cleaning every day. 

So while this robot keeps on charging, I keep on vacuuming.  

No comments:

Post a Comment