Sunday, December 5, 2021

Restaurant

My anniversary came and went. If I say the entire day was nothing but non-stop celebration, I would be lying. Actually, my wife's opinion of me is that I am a gigantic pain in the .... With this attitude there is not much room left for celebration.

But we did. After a very mundane start of the day, it was finished with a celebration. And how you ask?

I tell you. My wife, Abigail and I went out into the jungles of Manhattan for a very fancy dinner. But before dinner we went to Temple Emanu-El on Fifth Avenue for Friday night Sabbath service. The last time we were there was just before the pandemic hit and all such gatherings were stopped. At this time they were open to the public, so we went.

We like this temple. It is reformed, nice service, primarily in English and it only lasts about an hour. Our kind of stuff.

After the temple we went to the restaurant. Few days earlier I made reservation at the Smith & Wollensky steak house on the East Side of Manhattan. We got a good table and had a very good meal. We all had filet mignon with baked potatoes, a glass of wine (not Abigail). The steak was wonderful and a lot. The girls couldn't finish theirs, so the remaining is tonight's dinner. I was a good boy and ate whatever was front of me.

Interesting point. This restaurant is very expensive, yet it was totally full, they were fully booked. In the room we were sitting I was by far the oldest person. All the customers were young and younger people. So, where all the money is coming from? Why do people are crying that there is no money?                    Come to Manhattan, look into one of these expensive restaurants and see how money is being spent.      


No comments:

Post a Comment