Monday, January 3, 2022

2022

It is early January 2022. Good wishes are never late or early or out of sync. They are always appropriate. So, because of this very wise thinking, I wish everybody a Very Happy, Healthy and Lucky New Year!!!!

The problem of taking a hiatus is that one (I, mostly) can get used to have no obligations, not to do anything. Going back to commitments is not as easy as it sounds. The thing is that I am lazy. I love to do nothing. I worked enough in my life and have nothing to do, at this age is not terribly bad. But with the new year there will be issues, new problems and hopefully new resolutions. 

I hope and wish for good health and good luck for all!

Back to my hiatus. I took a few days off because this was my Christmas vacation. Abogail's college is closed until the end of January, a lot of businesses closed for the time between Xmas and New Year, so I figured why not me?

My wife decided that because this time was her son's 30th birthday, we would properly celebrate it. That meant going to Florida and be there for a few days. It was a nice trip. Tiring but nice. Tiring, because we drove from New York to Florida without stopping, except for gas. 18 hours in a car creates more togetherness than one really craves for. This was not the first time we made this trip but each time it is just as hard. Since I don't drive any longer, my poor wife had to do all the driving. Fortunately, she likes long distance trips she performed admirably.

On the way down we left at 5am, we got to our destination around 1am the next daydegrees,. On the way back we left 11am and got home around 3:30am the next day. Long, long trips. Going South we left in 40 degrees Fahrenheit and arrived in 84 degrees, Going home was the reverse, leaving from 84 degrees and getting into 40 degrees. Very interesting. I love palm trees and when I saw the first palm tree, I was very happy. Conversely, I was sad to leave sight of the last one on the way up north.  

I will write about my observations about our recent trip next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment