Friday, January 28, 2022

Jeopardy

I am a huge Jeopardy fan. Have been watching for more years that I really care to count, not all 38 years but a lot. I remember when Alex Trebek was not yet gray, so it was a long time ago.

I always believed that this show was as straight as an arrow. Questions asked then answered by the fastest button pusher and the contestant with the most money eventually won. The only thing I thought they might be able to manipulate was who pushed the button the fastest. But this was just my thinking.

This Wednesday was the end of Amy Schneider's run of 40 episodes. More than two seasons of any tv show. She won a total of $1,382,800. Not bad for an engineering manager!                                                  This woman was unbelievable. Any subject, any question she knew the answer. She must possess an enormous wealth of knowledge.

I liked her, I liked her attitude. No showoff, kind of shy. Seemed like nice person. But this Wednesday she met her match. I did read some negative comments about her long tenure on this show, and I fervently believe that her loss was not an accident, not lack of knowledge. I fully believe that she was asked to throw in the towel. She had to be, since the final question was so simple that even I knew the answer. How come she did not?

Ken Jennings, the current host is the reigning champion with 70 or 74 appearances. He eventually lost to a woman who lost right after beating Jennings. Don't tell me that Amy Schneider's loss was just a fluke or being burnt out. I don't believe it. They are managing the show from behind, that is obvious.




1 comment:

  1. I had the exact same thought I also knew the answer and if I know an answer Amy would know it for sure

    ReplyDelete