Saturday, January 15, 2022

Motto

It is always sad to lose close friends, acquaintances and people in my age category, but one can say this is the way life is. When we were born, we did not receive a written guarantee about long life. We just stuck our heads out and somebody pulled us out by our feet and here we were.

It is sadder when we hear passings of people who are quite younger, like in their 60s. My wife's best friend was only 62 when she passed away not long ago. Today we heard two more people who were in their 60s and are no longer in this world. This is sad and at the same time frightening. It makes me believe that we, my age group are here on borrowed time. 

I don't want to sound very pessimistic about life but when one is surrounded with sadness and bad news there is not much room and reason for optimism. My Father was 62 when he passed away, my childhood best friend was in his 50s. These things happened a long time ago, and back then they did not hit me as they do today.

But I don't care. I don't give in. I want to live as long as I can and as long as Social Security will let me. Us, oldtimers probably used up our entitlements a long time ago. But I don't care. I worked long and hard, paid all my taxes, let the new generation support me. That is my motto.   

No comments:

Post a Comment