Thursday, January 27, 2022

Cars

There supposed to be a new car shortage in this country. Well, I am not questioning this, but I am not a 100% accepting it either. Late last year, when we went to Florida we drove. Down south and then back to the north. I-95 is a major north-south interstate highway running from Maine's Canadian border to Miami Florida. As such it has considerable commercial traffic.

I noticed on our trip that there were numerous car carriers on this road. Looking at them closer I did see that many were new cars, obviously destined to dealerships. I do now that many people have their cars transported to Florida, rather than driving them themselves they could be distinguished from the new ones.

So here is my question, is the automobile shortage real or is it the result of some business/political manipulation? Like the microchip shortage. Cars are the "backbone" of this country. Without cars life will stop. People who live outside of metropolitan areas depend on their cars because they are the lifeline. Fuel shortages can be tolerated to a certain point, but new car shortage can not.

How can a functioning government permit such a thing? A few weeks ago, I was talking to my dealer, and he said the dealership had only 27 cars on their yard and 14 of those the type nobody wants. This was unbelievable. They were taking names for a possible March delivery but even that was not guaranteed.

Now, how come new cars were heading south and there is nothing available here in the North?



No comments:

Post a Comment