Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Neighbors

We live in a very nice apartment. It is spacious, large, plenty windows, easy access to the outside world. We like it. Each of us have our own little corner where we can withdraw to. My wife has four corners because her room is an office, Abigail has her own room where she conducts all her activities. Me, I get the rest of the apartment when the others are busy with their own stuff. My affairs are generally relegated to the dining table. That table has corners and I get one of them.

I really don't miss not having a house. Never looked forward working on my grass, fixing what needed to be fixed and similar house related issues. The way I see it, the only good thing about a house is the plentitude of space. In the apartment we have to think twice where to put certain things, while in the house that is not an issue. Oh yes, another thing. Here in these types of buildings there are coin operated laundry machines, washers and dryers. In houses people have their own machines and that I envy. Maybe when I grow up and become rich, I will live in a place where we have our own laundry machines!

The only cloud over our life is the people who live right above us. In a similar, large apartment live two women and a dog. These are women who live together!! They are noisy, to say the least. They walk around the bare floors with shoes on and every step can be heard. But the bigger issue that around 4:55am they start their day mainly by using a treadmill for exercise. That machine is over Abigail's room, and it is noisy. Many occasions my wife was banging on the wall or the ceiling to make them stop, until they complained to the landlord. The nerve these people have.

The landlord wrote to us because they complained, we wrote back then more back and forth letters and now waiting for some action. Short of killing these people I see no solution to this problem.    

No comments:

Post a Comment