Saturday, April 30, 2022

Washington

I always said the best entertainment on television are the live broadcasts from the Senate and House of Representatives sessions. I find them funny how they are trying to show the American people that they are the ones who know what is good for us. C-Span stations are the ones who show daily these sessions without any interruption. I don't deny it, I like watching it.

I made an interesting observation while watching. Clicking on the program mode on my remote a short description of each current program comes up. In the case of the Senate and House also there are some generic descriptions, however...

Every day these institutions are in sessions the description notes it as Episode XX (XX denotes the Episode number). Now, Friends, How I Met Your Mother, and other tv comedies are tagged as Episodes. This proves my opinion about these institutions that they are nothing more than circuses and their sessions are just plain comedies.

TV show episodes survive on sponsor financing. I wonder how these governmental episodes survive, who is sponsoring them? Oh, I forgot, me the taxpayer. Then maybe there should be announcement at certain intervals saying that the next segment of this episode is being brought to you by the good taxpaying people of this great country!   

No comments:

Post a Comment