Monday, August 15, 2016

Sunday

The heat is taking unbelievable heights in New York. 95 to 100 degrees in the shade. That is the norm in the past few days.

Today my wife and I drove into Manhattan to our favorite antique  selling place. We didn't leave early but it was still interesting to see how empty the roads were. Once we got to the location it turned out that only a handful of exhibitors showed up. This is usually set up in an empty lot and that lot was mainly unoccupied.

Our drive back to Queens was just as fast as it was going in the City. It seemed the people either just didn't want to come out or all went to the neighboring beaches.

When we were in Honolulu within one of the major hotels there was a fair sized lagoon. While we were at the hotel's beach we thought we would try the lagoon. It was ice cold. Very few people were in it I guess because of that.

So now whenever I get were hot and sweaty I keep remembering the lagoon in Honolulu.

And you know what? It doesn't help. I still stay hot and sweaty.


No comments:

Post a Comment