Monday, August 22, 2016

Sunday

I have pretty good excuse why I didn't write for a couple of days.

God bless my wife, she doesn't hesitate to come up with road trips that are several miles. She is used to marathon car trips having made many to Florida and back at very short notice.

Anyway she decided that since we had nothing to do why din't we drive up to Niagara Falls and back in one  day.

With my exceptions nobody in the family ever saw Niagara Falls before so we packed up Abigail,  my wife's son, his girlfriend and their dog and took off at the crack of dawn of Saturday.

Seven and a half hours and 460 miles later we were standing at awe by the falls. It was a beautiful day and the place was understandingly mobbed but we always found spots to see the falls and whatever beautiful sights there were to see.

We only saw the American side but that was enough at this time. I visited there once in the 1960s and I don't think things changed much but it was still awesome to see it again.

All this water rushing down affects people. I peed a lot!

We got there around 2 pm and stayed the entire afternoon figuring there was no rush in coming home. The drive home was beautiful. Open highway, no cars, high speed limit. The dog behaved admirably but we still needed to stop a few times so he could stretch his four legs and empty his bladder.

Got home around three thirty am and had no difficulty going to sleep.

Compared to the Niagara Falls Amish Country seems like it is next door.

No comments:

Post a Comment