Friday, August 12, 2016

Thursday

It is unbelievable how much administrative work a little family like ours need. By administrative I mean financial management.

Ever since my wife talked me into paying our bill on line we do nothing but watch the calendar and make sure everything is paid on time.

We didn't choose automatic payments because atlas we want to be the masters of our finances, meaning paying bill when we want them paid and not when the companies want to.

So, today we stayed home to recover from the Amish Country jet leg and also to handle administrative tasks.

We mark on our calendar when payments are due and schedule them accordingly. I have to admit it is pretty neat and extremely accurate. We schedule it, the bank pays and the company acknowledges receiving it. All this without any human interaction.

The only one who comes out on the losing end is the US Post Office because I almost stopped using stamps. They already called me and complained about the loss of business.

I told them, hey this is America, the land of the brave!

No comments:

Post a Comment