Thursday, August 4, 2016

Wednesday

To continue on yesterday's account of my Hawaiian vacation here are a few more comments.

Due to the graciousness of my lifelong friend and his wife my wife and I received a champagne/steak/lobster dinner cruise as a present. I have to tell the cruise was fabulous. We were picked up at our hotel and transported to the port where we boarded the ship.

There were three decks for each of the three different level of dining. We were on the top deck. The reception and the entire arrangement was amazing. The ship cruised up and down the south coast of Waikiki where we had the chance to enjoy the sights.

Dinner was great and the show that followed was very nice.

It was interesting that the composition of the guest was mainly Orientals. On our level I think my wife and I were the only Europeans everybody else was Japanese. It felt like a cruise in Tokyo Bay.

But regardless we immensely enjoyed it.

I have to add that the cruise originally was planned for the night of the tropical storm but they naturally cancelled it, notified us and postponed it for the next day.

Unfortunately we didn't have a chance to see a sunset because some clouds showed up just the wrong time.

No comments:

Post a Comment